For the best wood floor refinishing, think of Hilltown Hardwood Flooring.
Hardwood floors are beautiful to look at, and they enhance the beauty of kitchens, living rooms, and other areas in a house. Walking into a room and seeing that shine from a polished hardwood floor is certainly eye-catching.
However, hardwood floors can take a beating from the people walking on them over the years, and then they start to look faded, stained and sometimes they even get cracks or holes in them. When that happens it’s time to think about repair and refinishing of the floor. It’s always best to have the professionals at Hilltown Hardwood Flooring take care of one of the greatest investments within the walls of your home; your hardwood floors. The reason is that repairing and refinishing of wood floors is a job that needs to be done with care and attention to detail. You can’t simply rent a sander and expect to professionally do it yourself — if you don’t know what you’re doing you can end up damaging the floor and making it look worse than when you started.
The steps involved in refinishing a hardwood floor are:
- Prepare the floor — sweep it, remove furniture, remove baseboard molding, fix loose boards, use duct tape to seal the room and keep dust from spreading.
- Do a rough sand, with a sanding machine.
- Get rid of the dust. Vacuum all dust from the rough sanding.
- Do a fine sand. Go over the floor again with a fine sander, paying attention to the corners and other areas that are hard to get to.
- Apply stain and 3-4 coats of finish.
Contact Hilltown Hardwood Flooring today and experience the difference of your harwood floor as we professionally restore it’s shine.