Hardwood floors are an asset to any room, and they add a look of classic elegance and beauty when they are in premium condition. However, hardwood floors are not indestructible, and they can sustain damage over time. A hardwood floor that has gouges, nicks, and scratches in it can give a feel of shabbiness to any room, which is certainly not what you want. For any issues with your hardwood floor, you should call the professionals at Hilltown Hardwood Flooring at (413) 522-5991. We can repair and refinish it to a beautiful like new condition.
There are some simple rules you can follow to help maintain the beauty of your wood floor, and a little prevention can go a long way.
Here are some guidelines:
- Use thick fiber doormats by every entrance to the room. Dirt and grit can do serious damage to your wood floor over time, but doormats will minimize this problem.
- Ask people to remove their shoes when they come in the room. This goes double for high heels, which can be the enemy of hardwood floors!
- Keep the floor clean, sweeping up dirt as soon as it’s tracked in.
- Never move furniture on the floor unless you have pads or some other protection under it.
- Keep animals off the floor, especially large dogs (and especially ones with long nails).
If you follow these few simple rules you’ll keep your hardwood floor looking its best. However, if your floor does get damaged contact us at Hilltown Hardwood Flooring!